My Life, My Obsessions

Monday, November 17, 2008

And a Scarf to Match!

You may remember this post about a hat that I made for my little girl. I wanted to make her a scarf to go with it, but couldn't find a pattern that looked good with it. So I played around with the yarn until I came up with this:



The color looks a little weird in the second picture, but it shows off the texture better. The waves show up on both sides of the scarf so there's no right side, wrong side.

Pink Waves Scarf

Choose a hook size appropriate to the yarn you are using. I used an F hook with Yarn Bee Baby.

Chain a multiple of 8 plus 1 more chain.
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc, dc, tr, tr, dc, hdc, sc. Repeat from beginning (sc) until you reach the end. You should end with one sc.
Row 2: (In back loop only) ch 3, *tr, dc, hdc, sc, sc, hdc, dc, tr. Repeat from * until you reach the end of the row.
Row 3: (In back loop only) ch 1, * sc, hdc, dc, tr, tr, dc, hdc, sc. Repeat from * until you reach the end of the row.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 until you reach desired length. End with row 2. Weave in ends. Feel free to embellish the ends with fringe if you’d like.


© Emily Miller 2008

Please don't publish, post, or sell this pattern. You may print off copies that contain the copyright information. You may share the pattern with others (for free, of course). You may sell items made from the pattern. Please contact me with any questions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home